Still pushing on. Did the dark grey wheel centres (not so easy to mark off), but it seems to have turned out okay(ish).
And seeing as it was Sunday, I managed to spend a bit more time filling, sanding and then base coating the model base.
So this is where I’m at now:
I’m still primarily using Tamiya masking tape, but even that took off the top layer of the cycle base, so the metallic blue looks rubbish.
I need to do another coat of glass black on the sides, then re-mask and do the top blue coat again.
On the Light Cycle, I did a quick coat of flat silver to cover the over-spray. Next I need mask the windows off and do a quick coat over them. All that will then leave is the gloss (and matt) coats to seal it all in.
Damn, forgot there is a little bit of silver that needs to be painted metallic red too. I’ll get it all done sometime.